I happen to be one of the people who think Scala’s
PartialFunction is pretty cool. I was missing it in Clojure, so I went ahead, and created this project. The README describes the motivation for the project, currently implemented functionality, and possible future directions. I have tried to keep the document as descriptive and as understandable as possible.
The current implementation is fairly straightforward. It essentially performs the following transformations:
Of course there is a bit more involved, but this is the crux of it.
It only took a few hours to implement this, but a type system and a greater prowess with Lisp macros would have helped me get there even faster.
This blog post was originally posted at my Blogspot blog at this URL.